food interaction for LEVACETAM
alcohol interaction for LEVACETAM
pregnancy interaction for LEVACETAM
lactation interaction for LEVACETAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LEVACETAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LEVACETAM
- LEVIPIL 1000 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 22.50/tabletRs. 225save 3% more per tablet
- LEVERA - 1000 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 27.30/tabletRs. 273pay 18% more per tablet
- TORLEVA 1000 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 24.50/tabletRs. 245pay 6% more per tablet
- KEPPRA 1000MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)UCB India Pvt LtdRs. 42.37/tabletRs. 423.71pay 83% more per tablet
- LEVESAM 1000 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 24/tabletRs. 240pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajnish KumarMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for LEVACETAM
- You can experience drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, or respiratory infections while on this drug.
- If you start having skin rashes or changes in your mood, tell your doctor immediately.
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to levetiracetam or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not stop taking levetiracetam without talking to your doctor, even if you experience side effects such as unusual changes in behavior or mood. If you suddenly stop taking levetiracetam, your seizures may become worse.
- Consult your doctor before taking levetiracetam if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- It should not be given to a child who is lesser than 1 month old.
Frequently asked questions for LEVACETAM
Q.Is levetiracetam a steroid/ MAOI /narcotic/ controlled substance/ opiate/ a psychotropic/ a benzodiazepine?
Levetiracetam belongs to a class of medication called anticonvulsants. It is not a steroid/ MAOI/ narcotic/ controlled substance/ opiate/ psychotropic/ benzodiazepine. It is structurally similar to prototypical nootropic drug piracetam
Q.Is levetiracetam same as Keppra?
Yes, Keppra is the brand name of the drug levetiracetam
Q.Does levetiracetam contain acetaminophen?
Levetiracetam does not contain acetaminophen
Q.Is levetiracetam an enzyme inducer?
The exact mechanism of action is unclear, but it is believed to be acting like a neuromodulator
Q.Does levetiracetam cause memory loss/ tiredness/ constipation/ weight gain/ hairloss/acne?
The common side effects of levetiracetam are tiredness, memory loss, and constipation. However, levetiracetam causing the side effects such as weight gain, hair loss acne are not known. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q.Can I take ibuprofen or paracetamol with levetiracetam?
There are no known drug-drug interactions between levetiracetam and paracetamol/ ibuprofen. But doctor's advice should be followed about taking both the medications together.