Substitutes for KIVIPRIDE TABLET
AMITREND 50MG TABLET
Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd
AMIS 50MG TABLET
D D Pharmaceuticals
TRIKOSUL 50MG TABLET
PSYTAS 50MG TABLET
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
AMIMIND 50MG TABLET
Medicine Overview of KIVIPRIDE TABLET
Uses of KIVIPRIDE TABLET
Kivipride 50mg tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of KIVIPRIDE TABLET
Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia, Akathisia, Parkinsonism, Increased prolactin level in blood.
How to use KIVIPRIDE TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Kivipride 50mg tablet at a fixed time.
How KIVIPRIDE TABLET works
Kivipride 50mg tablet work by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
In Depth Information on KIVIPRIDE TABLET
Expert advice for KIVIPRIDE TABLET
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, have ever had fits (epileptic seizures), Parkinson’s disease, or suffering from dementia.
- Inform your doctor if you have/have a family history of heart disease, uneven heart rate, slow heartbeat, heart disease/condition called prolonged QT interval, stroke, diabetes, blood clots, low levels of potassium in blood, low levels of white blood cells in blood (agranulocytosis).
- Do not drive or operate machinery as amisulpride can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not stop amisulpride suddenly as it may increase the side effects.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any of these symptoms: severe allergic reaction (with rash, itchy skin, swollen face, tongue or other body parts); blood clots; fit (seizure).
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Special precautions for KIVIPRIDE 50MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Kivipride 50mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Kivipride 50mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP
Frequently asked questions for KIVIPRIDE 50MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Amisulpride
Q. Is amisulpride addictive/ a controlled drug?
Amisulpride is not addictive. However do follow your doctor’s instructions about dosage and duration of this treatment. It is not a controlled drug
Q. Is amisulpride an antipsychotic/atypical antipsychotic?
Yes. Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic
Q. Does amisulpride cause weight gain?
Amisulpride is known to cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if you observe weight gain after taking amisulpride
Q. How long does amisulpride take to work?
It may take several weeks for a patient to get benefited from amisulpride treatment. Consult your doctor if you observe no improvement in your symptoms after six to eight weeks of treatment.