Medicine Overview of Ipravent Rotacap
Side effects of Ipravent Rotacap
Headache, Nausea, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Cough, Throat irritation.
How to use Ipravent Rotacap
Rotacaps must not be swallowed. Check the label for directions before use. Place the capsule at the base of rotahaler, not in the mouthpiece. Twist the mouthpiece completely until your hear a click and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for up to 10 seconds. If some powder remains in the rotahaler repeat the process.
How Ipravent Rotacap works
Ipravent 40mcg rotacap works by decreasing the activity of acetylcholine on the lung. This relaxes and opens up the air passages to make breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Ipravent Rotacap
Expert advice for Ipravent Rotacap
- Appropriate administration of ipratropium with the inhaler is essential for a successful therapy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cystic fibrosis (an inherited disease in which thick, sticky mucus builds up and that can damage many of the organs in the body) may be prone to gastrointestinal motility disturbances; glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes visual problems), urinary problems or a prostate (a male reproductive organ) condition.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions such as urticaria, angioedema (swelling of lips and eyes), rash, bronchospasms (constriction of the air passages), oropharyngeal swelling and severe allergy (anaphylaxis).
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from irregular heartbeats after ipratropium nasal spray.
- Ipratropium inhalation sometimes causes wheezing and difficulty breathing immediately after it is inhaled. Consult your doctor immediately.
- Consult your doctor immediately, if you experience pain in the eye or discomfort, blurred vision, visual halos or colored images in association with red eyes due to conjunctival congestion and cornea swelling may be signs of acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Do not use your ipratropium inhalers when you are near a flame or source of heat. The inhaler may explode, if it is exposed to very high temperatures.
- Dizziness and blurred vision have been reported. If affected, the patient should be warned not to drive or operate machinery.
Special precautions for Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap
Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
You may feel dizzy, or have difficulty in focusing, or blurred vision while taking Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap...
You may feel dizzy, or have difficulty in focusing, or blurred vision while taking Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap
Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Ipraven+more
t 40mcg Rotacap in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Ipratropium, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap
Frequently asked questions for Ipratropium
No, Ipravent is not a steroid
No, Ipravent is not a narcotic
Q. Does it contain opium?
It does not contain opium or its derivative
Ipravent has no known effects on weight gain
Yes, constipation is a known side effect of Ipravent
Ipravent may sometimes cause tachycardia (increased heart rate) in some patients. It is not a common side effect of Ipravent
Ipravent has no known effects on blood pressure
Q. Is ipratropium bromide the same as albuterol?
Ipratropium bromide and albuterol are 2 different medicines. They have the same action. They relax the air passages and make breathing easier (bronchodilators)
Q. Does ipratropium/ ipratropium bromide contain albuterol?
Combination medicines containing both ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulphate are available to treat asthma and associated conditions
Q. Is ipratropium bromide the same as budesonide?
Ipratropium/ipratropium bromide and budesonide belong to different class of medicines but both are used either alone or in combination to treat bronchitis, asthma and associated conditions
Yes, Ipravent/ Ipravent bromide is a bronchodilator used to treat bronchitis, asthma and associated conditions
No, Ipravent/ Ipravent bromide is a short-acting bronchodilator
Ipravent is neither antihistamine nor an antibiotic. It belongs to a class of anticholinergic bronchodilators
Yes, Ipravent/ Ipravent bromide is a short-acting anticholinergic bronchodilator
Yes, Ipravent is safely used in infants. . Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
No, Ipravent is a bronchodilator for the maintenance treatment of bronchospasm. It is not indicated for the initial treatment of acute episodes of bronchospasm where rescue therapy is required
Yes, Ipravent bromide can be used alone as a maintenance therapy in the treatment of bronchospasm, asthma and other associated conditions
Yes, Ipravent bromide formulations have an expiry date. Please Read the details on the package for the correct expiry date.
User Submitted Feedback For Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap
Patients taking Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap
Once A Day
Four Times A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Ipravent 40mcg Rotacap: 9T9, LCC, HIP, MOM, AYU, ENP, PSP, GNC, KHH, LHA, BIO, RUS, STA, AGT, DDR, PTS, DFP, MMS, GTK, RJH, OLT, BTM, FGH, EQN, MAK, JIV, ZVP, SBL, PEN, ADT, USF, NVL, JMJ, NDP, NWP, OIP, BSN, HEX, GPT, MAX, DPP, HBV, OHM, RSS, DYG, GTC, IPL, DLP, BLP, DEL, SHP, HGI, SAT, PLT, ATP, SSA, EMB, BDN, PNT, SBA, MPC, OWP, RPP, SWA, AAY, RKS, SHM, ATL, WSI, SJP
Substitutes for Ipravent
No substitutes found for this medicine