Information about Procyclidine
Procyclidine is used in parkinson's disease and drug induced abnormal movements.
How procyclidine works
Procyclidine works by decreasing the activity of excess accetycholine in brain. This improves muscle control and reduces stiffness.
Common side effects of procyclidine
Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Blurred vision.
Available Medicine for Procyclidine
- ₹28 to ₹97A N Pharmacia2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹60Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Gentech Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹24Zenith Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33VGR Bio Lab1 variant(s)
- ₹22Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹27D D Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹37Kivi Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Procyclidine
- Inform your doctor if you are predisposed to obstructive disease of the gut or have urinary symptoms associated with enlargement of prostate gland, rapid heartbeats, low blood pressure, increased pressure within the eyes (glaucoma), liver or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are consuming medications for depression, sleeplessness, allergy, urination problems, as they may interact with procyclidine.
- Take precautions while taking procyclidine, if you are suffering from psychosis as you may experience aggravation of symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking procyclidine as it may cause dizziness and movement disorder.
- Avoid if Patient is allergic to procyclidine or any of its ingredients.
- Avoid if Patient have difficulty in passing urine or stools.
- Avoid if Patient is suffering from a problem caused by too much pressure in the eye (closed angle glaucoma).
Frequently asked questions for Procyclidine
Q. Is procyclidine addictive?
Drug dependence dose addiction is possible with procyclidine. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is procyclidine a stimulant?
Procylidine can act as a stimulant in case of overdose of the drug.