Information about Procyclidine
Procyclidine is used in Parkinson's disease and drug induced abnormal movements.
How procyclidine works
Procyclidine is a muscle relaxing medication. It works by decreasing the activity of excess acetylcholine in the brain. This improves muscle control and reduces stiffness. It helps patients with Parkinson's disease by improving muscle control and reducing stiffness so that they can move more naturally. It is also used to treat movement disorder (restlessness, involuntary movements or muscle spasm ) which can be caused by certain drugs.
Common side effects of procyclidine
Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Procyclidine
- ₹28 to ₹97A N Pharmacia2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹65Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Gentech Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹24Zenith Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹37Kivi Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33VGR Bio Lab1 variant(s)
- ₹22Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹27D D Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Procyclidine
- It may be taken before or after meals.
- If Procyclidine causes your mouth to dry excessively, it may be better to take it before meals, unless it causes nausea. If taken after meals, thirst can be improved by sucking hard sugarless candy, chewing gum, or drinking water.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines to treat glaucoma.
- Procyclidine can cause blurred vision or dizziness. Do not drive and or operate machinery if you get blurred vision or dizziness.
- Inform your doctor if you have trouble in passing urine.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Procyclidine
Q. Is Procyclidine addictive?
Drug dependence dose addiction is possible with Procyclidine. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is Procyclidine a stimulant?
Procylidine can act as a stimulant in case of overdose of the drug.