Information about Procyclidine
Procyclidine is used in Parkinson's disease.
How Procyclidine works
Procyclidine is a muscle relaxing medication. It works by decreasing the activity of excess acetylcholine in the brain. This improves muscle control and reduces stiffness. It helps patients with Parkinson's disease by improving muscle control and reducing stiffness so that they can move more naturally. It is also used to treat movement disorder (restlessness, involuntary movements or muscle spasm ) which can be caused by certain drugs.
Common side effects of Procyclidine
Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Blurred vision, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Dilatation of pupil, Upper abdominal pain, Urinary retention
Available Medicine for Procyclidine
ProclidTripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
CyclidA N Pharmacia
₹30 to ₹962 variant(s)
ModinMova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹65 to ₹842 variant(s)
ParklidGentech Healthcare Pvt Ltd
OcylZenith Healthcare Ltd
₹19 to ₹232 variant(s)
NoparkKivi Labs Ltd
₹23 to ₹372 variant(s)
ProcydinD D Pharmaceuticals
₹24 to ₹362 variant(s)
DinaceQuince Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
₹89 to ₹992 variant(s)
ParksunSunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Procyclidine
- Procyclidine helps treat Parkinson's disease and drug-induced abnormal movements.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- It may cause dry eyes. Avoid wearing contact lenses and inform your doctor if it bothers you.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from glaucoma or if you have trouble passing urine.
- Do not stop taking Procyclidine without talking to your doctor first as that may cause worsening of symptoms.
- Monitoring of intraocular pressure is required while taking this medicine, as an increase in eye pressure may cause blurry vision.
- You may be asked for regular monitoring of hypotension, kidney, liver, and cardiac disorder while taking this medicine.