Medicine Overview of IPAMIDE INJECTION
Side effects of IPAMIDE INJECTION
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia, Hair loss, Decreased white blood cell count, Infection, Blood in urine, Cns toxicity.
How to use IPAMIDE INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How IPAMIDE INJECTION works
Ipamide 2gm injection works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on IPAMIDE INJECTION
Expert advice for IPAMIDE INJECTION
- Women should use birth control method to prevent pregnancy while receiving ifosfamide and for 6 months after treatment and men should not father a child during therapy with ifosfamide.
- You should be regularly undergo kidney function test, urine tests, complete blood cell counts, and other blood tests to monitor progress or to check for side effects while using ifosfamide.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as ifosfamide may make you feel sleepy or dizzy.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking ifosfamide as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for IPAMIDE 2GM INJECTION
Ipamide 2gm injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ipamide 2gm injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Ipamide 2gm injection is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Ifosfamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for IPAMIDE 2GM INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Ifosfamide
Q. What is ifosfamide with mesna?
Ifosfamide may cause damage to urinary bladder therefore it is used in combination with mesna to prevent bleeding and inflammation of the urinary bladder (hemorrhagic cystitis).
Q. Does ifosfamide cause hair loss or a vesicant?
Yes, ifosfamide may cause hair loss and it may act as vesicant