Information about Ifosfamide
Ifosfamide is used in the treatment of blood cancer, breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer and ovarian cancer.
How ifosfamide works
Ifosfamide is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of ifosfamide
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia, Hair loss, Decreased white blood cell count, Infection, Blood in urine, Cns toxicity
Available Medicine for Ifosfamide
- ₹794 to ₹885Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹470 to ₹825Parenteral Drugs India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹687Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹425Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹678Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ifosfamide
- Women should use birth control method to prevent pregnancy while receiving ifosfamide and for 6 months after treatment and men should not father a child during therapy with ifosfamide.
- You should be regularly undergo kidney function test, urine tests, complete blood cell counts, and other blood tests to monitor progress or to check for side effects while using ifosfamide.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as ifosfamide may make you feel sleepy or dizzy.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking ifosfamide as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ifosfamide
Q. What is ifosfamide with mesna?
Ifosfamide may cause damage to urinary bladder therefore it is used in combination with mesna to prevent bleeding and inflammation of the urinary bladder (hemorrhagic cystitis).
Q. Does Ifosfamide cause hair loss or a vesicant?
Yes, Ifosfamide may cause hair loss and it may act as vesicant