Substitutes for INVEGA SUSTENNA
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of INVEGA SUSTENNA INJECTION
Side effects of INVEGA SUSTENNA INJECTION
Headache, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use INVEGA SUSTENNA INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How INVEGA SUSTENNA INJECTION works
Invega sustenna 100mg injection works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on INVEGA SUSTENNA INJECTION
Expert advice for INVEGA SUSTENNA INJECTION
- You can take paliperidone with or without breakfast, however, same pattern to be followed during the entire treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Discontinue and inform you doctor immediately if you experience Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), characterised by hyperthermia (fever), muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, altered consciousness, and elevated serum creatine levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have a swallowing, stomach or intestinal disorder that reduces your ability to swallow or pass foods by normal bowel movements.
- You may suffer from tardive dyskinesia characterized by rhythmical, involuntary movements, predominantly of the tongue and/or face. Inform you doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- You may suffer from priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), inform your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paliperidone may have some nervous effects and may cause visual disturbances.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, or with schizophrenia, taking paliperidone may increase the risk of developing diabetes. You should monitor glucose regularly while on paliperidone treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if the thoughts of suicide occur when on paliperidone therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for INVEGA SUSTENNA 100MG INJECTION
Invega sustenna 100mg injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Invega sustenna 100mg injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP
Frequently asked questions for INVEGA SUSTENNA 100MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Paliperidone
Q. Is paliperidone the same as risperidone?
Paliperidone gets converted to risperidone in the body and thus exerts similar actions
Q. Is paliperidone a narcotic?
No, paliperidone is not a narcotic
Q. Is paliperidone an atypical antipsychotic?
Yes, paliperidone is an atypical antipsychotic
Q. How is paliperidone metabolized?
Paliperidone is metabolized to its active metabolite risperidone by the CYP family of metabolizing enzymes
Q. Does paliperidone cause weight gain?
Yes, paliperidone is known to cause weight gain
Q. Does paliperidone cause erectile dysfunction?
Paliperidone may cause priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), which may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. How long does paliperidone stay in your system?
Oral paliperidone may take 5 days to clear off from your body/system, whereas the injection may take around 4 to 8 months to clear off from your body/system.
User Submitted Feedback For INVEGA SUSTENNA 100MG INJECTION
Patients taking INVEGA SUSTENNA 100MG INJECTION
Once A Month
Once A Day