Medicine Overview of Invega Sustenna Injection
Side effects of Invega Sustenna Injection
Headache, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use Invega Sustenna Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Invega Sustenna Injection works
Invega sustenna 100mg injection is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Invega Sustenna Injection
Expert advice for Invega Sustenna Injection
- You can take paliperidone with or without breakfast, however, same pattern to be followed during the entire treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Discontinue and inform you doctor immediately if you experience Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), characterised by hyperthermia (fever), muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, altered consciousness, and elevated serum creatine levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have a swallowing, stomach or intestinal disorder that reduces your ability to swallow or pass foods by normal bowel movements.
- You may suffer from tardive dyskinesia characterized by rhythmical, involuntary movements, predominantly of the tongue and/or face. Inform you doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- You may suffer from priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), inform your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paliperidone may have some nervous effects and may cause visual disturbances.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, or with schizophrenia, taking paliperidone may increase the risk of developing diabetes. You should monitor glucose regularly while on paliperidone treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if the thoughts of suicide occur when on paliperidone therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection
Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection is probably usafe to use dur+more
ing lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, dro+more
wsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease....
Use of Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease.
Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, AF 150mg Tablet DT
Frequently asked questions for Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Paliperidone
Q. Is paliperidone the same as risperidone?
Paliperidone gets converted to risperidone in the body and thus exerts similar actions
No, Invega sustenna is not a narcotic
Yes, Invega sustenna is an atypical antipsychotic
Invega sustenna is metabolized to its active metabolite risperidone by the CYP family of metabolizing enzymes
Yes, Invega sustenna is known to cause weight gain
Invega sustenna may cause priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), which may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Oral Invega sustenna may take 5 days to clear off from your body/system, whereas the injection may take around 4 to 8 months to clear off from your body/system.
User Submitted Feedback For Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection
Patients taking Invega Sustenna 100mg Injection
Once A Month
Once A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Invega Sustenna
No substitutes found for this medicine