Medicine Overview of Inspiral Tablet SR
Uses of Inspiral Tablet SR
Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Side effects of Inspiral Tablet SR
Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Abdominal pain, Nervousness.
How to use Inspiral Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR at a fixed time.
How Inspiral Tablet SR works
Researchers don't know how exactly Inspiral 20mg tablet sr works in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder/ADHD (difficulty in paying attention and hyperactivity in children).
In Depth Information on Inspiral Tablet SR
Expert advice for Inspiral Tablet SR
- Do not take methylphenidate if you are allergic to methylphenidate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: thyroid problem, heart, liver or kidney problems, high blood pressure; compromised blood supply to brain, hands and legs, or have diseases of blood vessels of such as a stroke (weakness or paralysis of part or whole of body), swelling and weakening of part of a blood vessel (aneurysm), narrow or blocked blood vessels, or inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis); increased pressure in your eye (glaucoma); tumor of your adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma) which leads to episodic or sustained increase in blood pressure; narrowing or blockage of your gut or food-pipe; fits (seizures, convulsions, epilepsy) or any abnormal brain scans (EEGs); other mental disease.
- Do not take methylphenidate if you have ever abused or been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines or street drugs.
- Avoid taking methylphenidate during menstruation.
- You should not take methylphenidate on the day of your surgery if a certain type of anesthetic such as ketamine, halothane, isoflurane, sevoflurane etc. are being used.
- Do not drive or use machinery if you feel dizzy, have problems focusing or have blurred vision after taking methylphenidate.
Special precautions for Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR
Taking Methylphenidate with alcohol may increase the blood pressure and heart rate.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
You may feel dizzy, have problems focussing or have blurred vision when taking Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR. This may affect your driving ability....
You may feel dizzy, have problems focussing or have blurred vision when taking Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR. This may affect your driving ability.
There is limited information available on the use of Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be exercised in patients with underlying kidney disease....
Caution should be exercised in patients with underlying kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Inspira+more
l 20mg Tablet SR in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Rimarex 300mg Capsule, Tryptomer 25mg Tablet, Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection, Paropex 12.5mg Tablet CR
If you miss a dose of Methylphenidate, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Methylphenidate
Inspiral is central nervous system stimulant drug that is used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (a behavioral disorder in children marked by poor concentration, hyperactivity, and learning difficulties). It is not monoamine oxidase inhibitor or an opiate. It is similar in function to amphetamine, but milder in nature
Ritalin and Concerta are proprietary (brand) names of Inspiral
Q. Can I take Ritalin for weight loss/ anxiety/ depression?
Ritalin (i.e. Methylphenidate) cannot be used to treat weight loss, anxiety or depression. They, on the contrary, are the side effects of the methylphenidate
Yes, Inspiral increases wakefulness, vigilance and attention span
Inspiral has the ability to alter mood and feelings such that the effects are perceived by some as pleasant or ‘high'. Inspiral belongs to a sub schedule X consisting psychotropic and habit forming substances. It is available strictly as per the prescription and should always be used as advised by doctor
Both Inspiral and Adderall (amphetamine) are central nervous system stimulants but used for different indications (uses). Take your doctor's advice before using any medicine
Like all other medicines, Inspiral expires.The expiry date is mentioned on the pill-box or strip. Inspiral should not be used beyond this date of expiry.
User Submitted Feedback For Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR
Patients taking Inspiral 20mg Tablet SR
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?
Substitutes for Inspiral
No substitutes found for this medicine