food interaction for INDICONTIN
alcohol interaction for INDICONTIN
pregnancy interaction for INDICONTIN
lactation interaction for INDICONTIN
medicine interaction for INDICONTIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR INDICONTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR INDICONTIN
- NATRILIX SR 1.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101save 3% more per tablet
- DIVRET 1.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.15/tabletRs. 91.55save 12% more per tablet
- INDICONTIN 1.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 12.60/tabletRs. 126pay 21% more per tablet
- NATRIDAC SR 1.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49save 53% more per tablet
- INDITOR SR 1.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 8.60/tabletRs. 86save 18% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR INDICONTIN
- Do avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear sunscreen while taking indapamide.
- Indapamide should not be given to children or adolescent.
- Do not take indapamide tablets if you are allergic to indapamide, sulphonamide or any other ingredient of tablet.
- Do not take indapamide tablet if you have intolerance to some sugars.
- Do not take indapamide if you have severe liver disease, kidney disease or hepatic encephalopathy (abnormal brain function due to liver problems); low blood potassium level, heart problems, diabetes, or gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints).
- Avoid using indapamide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR INDICONTIN
Q. Is indapamide a water pill, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner?
Indapamide is a thiazide-like diuretic, a water pill. It is not a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner
Q. Is indapamide a sulfa drug, contains sulfa?
Indapamide is a sulfa drug, contains sulfa (sulphonamide). Indapamide should not be taken by patients allergic to sulfa/sulphonamide
Q. Is indapamide potassium sparing?
Indapamide is not potassium sparing. It lowers the potassium level in body
Q. Can I take paracetamol, ibuprofen with indapamide?
Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide. Paracetamol can be taken with indapamide. Always consult your doctor before use
Q. Does indapamide cause weight gain, weight loss, low potassium, hair loss, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction?
Indapamide does not cause weight gain, hair loss. Indapamide may cause weight loss, low potassium level, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction.