food interaction for ILOPT
alcohol interaction for ILOPT
pregnancy interaction for ILOPT
lactation interaction for ILOPT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ILOPT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ILOPT
- ILOSURE 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.20/tabletRs. 72pay 31% more per tablet
- ILOPRIDE 4MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55same price
- CALMPERIDONE 4MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2/tabletRs. 20save 64% more per tablet
- ILOFAST 4MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 11same price
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for ILOPT
- Avoid getting too cold, or becoming overheated or dehydrated as iloperidone may make you more sensitive to extreme temperature such as very hot or cold conditions.
- Drink plenty of fluids to maintain hydration, especially in hot weather and during exercise.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position as you may feel dizzy while taking iloperidone. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Do not start iloperidone if you have history of fits (seizures), stroke, paralysis or certain types of cancer (e.g. breast, pancreas or pituitary); reduced white blood cells (neutropenia) or count (leucopenia); low blood potassium or magnesium levels; high blood prolactin levels, heart, liver or kidney disease; diabetes, trouble in swallowing, memory disorder (dementia), Alzheimer disease (memory loss disorder), Parkinson disease (movement disorder), neuroleptic malignant syndrome (fever, altered mental status and muscle rigidity), suicidal thoughts.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as iloperidone may make you feel sleepy or dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Iloperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for ILOPT
Q.What is iloperidone used for?
Iloperidone is used in adults to treat schizophrenia (psychiatric disorder with symptoms of emotional instability, detachment from reality, often with delusions and hallucinations, and withdrawal into the self).