food interaction for HYPERNIL
alcohol interaction for HYPERNIL
pregnancy interaction for HYPERNIL
lactation interaction for HYPERNIL
medicine interaction for HYPERNIL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR HYPERNIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR HYPERNIL
- LISTRIL 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.60/tabletRs. 114pay 15% more per tablet
- LIPRIL 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.90/tabletRs. 103.50pay 5% more per tablet
- HIPRIL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 6.40/tabletRs. 64save 3% more per tablet
- LISORIL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70pay 6% more per tablet
- NORMOPRIL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.28/tabletRs. 42.75save 35% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR HYPERNIL
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Lisinopril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Lisinopril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Lisinopril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Lisinopril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Lisinopril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Lisinopril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Frequently asked questions FOR HYPERNIL
Q. Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Can I take lisinopril with Viagra, Xanax, Cialis, or Nyquil?
Viagra (sildenafil) or Xanax (alprazolam) should not be given with lisinopril. It is not reported to interact with Cialis (tadalafil) or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen, hydrocodone, or acetaminophen?
Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. It is not reported to interact with hydrocodone or acetaminophen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, but as per your doctors advise only
Q. Is lisinopril a generic drug?
Yes, lisinopril is a generic drug
Q. Is lisinopril safe?
Lisinopril is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.