Information about Lisinopril
Lisinopril is used in the treatment of Hypertension (High blood pressure), Prevention of heart attack and stroke and Heart failure.
How lisinopril works
Lisinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of lisinopril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Lisinopril
- ₹69 to ₹230Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹243Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹109Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹136Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹61Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹38Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹143Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55Litaka Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹51Kopran Ltd5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lisinopril
- You have been prescribed Lisinopril to improve blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces the chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may also be used to treat chronic (long-standing) heart failure.
- It protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney diseases.
- Lisinopril can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take it preferably at bedtime and rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Let your doctor know about any dizziness, cough, or throat irritation that does not go away.
- It may increase the level of potassium in blood. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Lisinopril.
Frequently asked questions for Lisinopril
Q. Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Can I take Lisinopril with Viagra, Xanax, Cialis, or Nyquil?
Viagra (sildenafil) or Xanax (alprazolam) should not be given with Lisinopril. It is not reported to interact with Cialis (tadalafil) or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen, hydrocodone, or acetaminophen?
Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. It is not reported to interact with hydrocodone or acetaminophen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does Lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, but as per your doctors advise only
Q. Is Lisinopril a generic drug?
Yes, Lisinopril is a generic drug
Q. Is Lisinopril safe?
Lisinopril is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.