Information about Lisinopril
Lisinopril is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure), prevention of heart attack and stroke and Heart failure.
How lisinopril works
Lisinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of lisinopril
Cough, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Fatigue, Increased potassium level in blood, Weakness
Available Medicine for Lisinopril
- ₹75 to ₹253Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹243Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹109Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹136Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹440Curatio Healthcare India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹61Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹55Litaka Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹143Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Lanark Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹30Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lisinopril
- Lisinopril can make you feel dizzy for the first few days, so rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. You can also prefer taking it at bedtime to avoid dizziness throughout the day.
- Let your doctor know about any cough, or throat irritation that does not go away.
- It may increase the level of potassium in blood. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Lisinopril
Q. Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Can I take Lisinopril with Viagra, Xanax, Cialis, or Nyquil?
Viagra (sildenafil) or Xanax (alprazolam) should not be given with Lisinopril. It is not reported to interact with Cialis (tadalafil) or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen, hydrocodone, or acetaminophen?
Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. It is not reported to interact with hydrocodone or acetaminophen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does Lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, but as per your doctors advise only
Q. Is Lisinopril a generic drug?
Yes, Lisinopril is a generic drug
Q. Is Lisinopril safe?
Lisinopril is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.