food interaction for HALD
alcohol interaction for HALD
pregnancy interaction for HALD
lactation interaction for HALD
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HALDNatural Micronised Progesterone(200 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for HALD
- MACGEST 200 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 93.78/ML of injectionRs. 187.55pay 5% more per ML of injection
- LUPIGEST 200 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 41.12/ML of injectionRs. 164.50save 54% more per ML of injection
- GESTOFIT 200 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 50.35/ML of injectionRs. 201.40save 44% more per ML of injection
- STRONE 200 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 84.65/ML of injectionRs. 169.30save 5% more per ML of injection
- MY PROG 200 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 80.95/ML of injectionRs. 161.90save 10% more per ML of injection
Expert advice for HALD
- Progesterone should be taken on an empty stomach or at least one hour before food or two hours after food.
- Do not take progesterone and consult your doctor if you have ever had any unexpected and unexplained bleeding from your vagina which was not due to your normal monthly period.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a family before taking progesterone.
- Do not take progesterone without informing your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive a motor vehicle or operate a machine immediately after taking progesterone. You may experience a temporary (1 to 3 hours) feeling of sleepiness and dizziness after taking progesterone.
- Oral progesterone should preferably be taken at bedtime.
- Consult your doctor about any severe stomach pain or yellowing of your eyes or skin.
- Immediately consult your if you have sudden vision changes or one-sided weakness (signs of stroke) or chest pain and trouble breathing (signs of a pulmonary embolism).
Frequently asked questions for HALD
Natural Micronised Progesterone
Q.Is prednisolone a steroid, pain-killer, or an anti-inflammatory drug?
Prednisolone is a steroid anti-inflammatory drug. However, it is not a pain-killer.
Q.Is prednisolone the same as prednisone?
No. Prednisolone is the active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids used for different indications.
Q.Can I take prednisolone for whooping cough or chest infection?
No, prednisolone is not used for whooping cough or chest infection.
Q.Is prednisolone safe?
Yes. Prednisolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.
Q.How long can I take corticosteroids for?
It is advisable to take the drug for the duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q. Can I take steroids for 1 year/1 month/6 months?
Do not stop the treatment abruptly or take for a longer period than recommended.
Q.Can I take prednisolone with ibuprofen, Voltaren, omeprazole, paracetamol, citalopram, alcohol, antibiotics, or antihistaminics?
Prednisolone should not be taken with ibuprofen, Voltaren (diclofenac), or other NSAIDs/pain-killers as it may lead to abdominal pain and bleeding. Prednisolone can be taken with omeprazole, paracetamol, citalopram, alcohol, antibiotics (except ketoconazole), or antihistaminics only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q.Does prednisolone cause hair loss, weight gain, tiredness, acne, or drowsiness?
Yes. Prednisolone may cause hair loss, weight gain, tiredness, acne or drowsiness. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.