food interaction for GLZ tablet
alcohol interaction for GLZ tablet
pregnancy interaction for GLZ tablet
lactation interaction for GLZ tablet
medicine interaction for GLZ tablet
It is better to take Glz xr 60mg tablet with food.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Glz xr 60mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GLZ 60mg tablet
Glz tablet uses
Glz xr 60mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
How glz tablet works
Glz xr 60mg tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
Common side effects of glz tablet
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GLZ XR 60MG TABLET
Patients taking GLZ XR 60MG TABLET
- 68%Once A Day
- 29%Twice A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR GLZ tablet
- DIAMICRON XR 60 TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 11.93/tabletRs. 167pay 8% more per tablet
- RECLIDE-XR 60 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 11.98/tabletRs. 119.79pay 8% more per tablet
- GLIZID -MR 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 11.98/tabletRs. 119.79pay 8% more per tablet
- RECLIDE MR 60 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 10.20/tabletRs. 102save 8% more per tablet
- DIANORM -OD 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.25/tabletRs. 92.50save 17% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GLZ tablet
- The most common and serious side effect is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). If you consume excessive alcohol or if you have irregular dietary patterns, you are at an increased risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). Do not skip meals when taking this medicine.
- Please be aware of signs and symptoms of low blood sugar (dizziness, tremor, sweating, headache).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It should be avoided or use with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions FOR GLZ 60mg tablet
Q. Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.