food interaction for GLYCOMET
alcohol interaction for GLYCOMET
pregnancy interaction for GLYCOMET
lactation interaction for GLYCOMET
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLYCOMET
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLYCOMET 250 MG TABLET
Patients taking GLYCOMET 250 MG TABLET
- 49%Once A Day
- 30%Twice A Day
- 13%Thrice A Day
- 2%Thrice A week
- 2%Alternate Day
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLYCOMET
- GLYCIPHAGE 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.81/tabletRs. 8.05save 18% more per tablet
- X MET 250MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.98/tabletRs. 14.65save 1% more per tablet
- BIGOMET 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.61/tabletRs. 6.06save 38% more per tablet
- EMNORM 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 1.42/tabletRs. 14.23pay 45% more per tablet
- DIAFER 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)East West PharmaRs. 0.77/tabletRs. 7.70save 22% more per tablet
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLYCOMET
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).
Frequently asked questions for GLYCOMET
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.