food interaction for GLYCINORM
alcohol interaction for GLYCINORM
pregnancy interaction for GLYCINORM
lactation interaction for GLYCINORM
SALT INFORMATION for GLYCINORM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLYCINORM 80MG TABLET MR
Patients taking GLYCINORM 80MG TABLET MR
- 44%Twice A Day
- 31%Once A Day
- 25%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLYCINORMNo substitutes found
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLYCINORM
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for GLYCINORM
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.