food interaction for GLYCIGON tablet
alcohol interaction for GLYCIGON tablet
pregnancy interaction for GLYCIGON tablet
lactation interaction for GLYCIGON tablet
medicine interaction for GLYCIGON tablet
It is better to take Glycigon 40mg tablet with food.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Glycigon 40mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GLYCIGON 40mg tablet
Glycigon tablet uses
Glycigon 40mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How glycigon tablet works
Glycigon 40mg tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
Common side effects of glycigon tablet
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
SUBSTITUTES FOR GLYCIGON tablet
- GLIZID 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 3.75/tabletRs. 37.50save 2% more per tablet
- RECLIDE 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 4.20/tabletRs. 42pay 10% more per tablet
- GLYCHEK 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 3.58/tabletRs. 35.85save 6% more per tablet
- GLIX 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indi PharmaRs. 2.70/tabletRs. 26.97save 29% more per tablet
- SEMI GLYCIGON 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.25/tabletRs. 32.50save 15% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GLYCIGON tablet
- The most common and serious side effect is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). If you consume excessive alcohol or if you have irregular dietary patterns, you are at an increased risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). Do not skip meals when taking this medicine.
- Please be aware of signs and symptoms of low blood sugar (dizziness, tremor, sweating, headache).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It should be avoided or use with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions FOR GLYCIGON 40mg tablet
Q. Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.