Medicine Overview of Glicatis Tablet
Uses of Glicatis Tablet
Glicatis 80mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Glicatis Tablet
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use Glicatis Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Glicatis 80mg Tablet with food.
How Glicatis Tablet works
Glicatis 80mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
In Depth Information on Glicatis Tablet
Expert advice for Glicatis Tablet
- Glicatis should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Glicatis. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Special precautions for Glicatis 80mg Tablet
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Glicatis 80mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Glicatis 80mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Glicatis 80mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Glicatis 80mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Glicatis 80mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Glicatis 80mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Glicatis 80mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Glicatis 80mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Glicatis 80mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Glicatis 80mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Glicatis 80mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Decamycin 4mg Injection, Manoprolol 40mg Tablet, Nixitral 100mg Capsule
You should skip a dose of Gliclazide , if a meal is skipped and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
Frequently asked questions for Glicatis 80mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.
Substitutes for Glicatis Tablet
Glytas 80mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
Diabend 80mg Tablet
Bal Pharma Ltd
Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Gliclapack 80mg Tablet
Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
Dianorm 80mg Tablet
Micro Labs Ltd