food interaction for GLIBET
alcohol interaction for GLIBET
pregnancy interaction for GLIBET
lactation interaction for GLIBET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLIBET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GLIBET
- EUGLUCON 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.22/tabletRs. 12.22pay 97% more per tablet
- GLYBOVIN 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.55/tabletRs. 5.55save 11% more per tablet
- GETROL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aretaeus PharmaceuticalsRs. 2.60/tabletRs. 26pay 319% more per tablet
- GLINIL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.01/tabletRs. 10.09pay 62% more per tablet
- AVIGLEN 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Avinash Health Products Pvt LtdRs. 0.81/tabletRs. 8.12pay 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLIBET
- If you are allergic to glibenclamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have had impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD).
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for GLIBET
Q.Is glibenclamide/Daonil/Euglucon same as glyburide?
Yes. Daonil/ Euglucon are the trade names for the active substance (generic) glibenclamide/ glyburide; thus, they all are same
Q.Is glibenclamide same as glipizide?
No. Glibenclamide and glipizide are different medicines; however, they belong to same family of drugs called sulfonylureas
Q.Why is glibenclamide avoided in the elderly?
Glibenclamide should be avoided in elderly patients because they are at high risk of getting low blood sugar (hypoglycemic event)
Q.What is glibenclamide/Daonil/ Euglucon used for?
Glibenclamide/Daonil/ Euglucon is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Q.Does Daonil/ glibenclamide cause weight gain/ weight loss?
Yes Daonil/ glibenclamide are known to cause weight gain but not weight loss. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.