Information about Bisoprolol
Bisoprolol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure), Angina (heart-related chest pain) and Heart failure.
How bisoprolol works
Bisoprolol is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of bisoprolol
Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Bisoprolol
- ₹79 to ₹135Merck Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹73Merck Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹77Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹73Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹64USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹68Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹80Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹68Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹92Nexkem Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹38Rusan Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bisoprolol
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Do not stop taking Bisoprolol suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Frequently asked questions for Bisoprolol
Q. Is Bisoprolol a diuretic?
No, Bisoprolol is not a diuretic. Bisoprolol is a beta-blocker medicine which blocks the hyperactivity of the nerve impulses in the heart, thereby calming the heart.
Q. What is the best time of day to take Bisoprolol?
Bisoprolol is usually taken once a day in the morning. You can choose to take it with or without food. Swallow it as a whole with water and do not chew or crush it. Never take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q. Is Bisoprolol safe in pregnancy?
No, Bisoprolol is not safe to be taken in pregnancy. It can have many harmful effects on the fetus/newborn and can even cause complications in pregnancy. Taking Bisoprolol may decrease the blood supply to the fetus, slow down its growth, cause intrauterine death, abortion or early labor. You should consult your doctor if you are on this medication and get pregnant.
Q. Can Bisoprolol cause weight gain?
Yes, Bisoprolol may cause weight gain though it is uncommon. If you are concerned about your weight gain, exercise regularly and eat a healthy and nutritious diet. You can also consult a dietician for diet plan.
Q. What should be done if I forget to take Bisoprolol?
If you have forgotten to take the prescribed dose at prescribed time, take the dose as soon as you remember. In case it is already time for your next dose, skip your dose and take the next scheduled dose. Keep in mind not to take a double dose to make up for the dose forgotten.