Medicine Overview of Glibamide Tablet
Uses of Glibamide Tablet
Glibamide 5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Glibamide Tablet
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use Glibamide Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Glibamide 5mg Tablet with food.
How Glibamide Tablet works
Glibamide 5mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
In Depth Information on Glibamide Tablet
Expert advice for Glibamide Tablet
- Glibamide should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Glibamide. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Special precautions for Glibamide 5mg Tablet
Glibamide 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Glibamide 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
Monitor the breastfed baby’s blood sugar during treatment with Glibamide 5mg Tablet...
Monitor the breastfed baby’s blood sugar during treatment with Glibamide 5mg Tablet
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Glibamide 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients w+more
ith kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Glibamide 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decmax 4mg Tablet, Decamycin 4mg Injection, Pericort 4mg Tablet, Defcort 6mg Oral Suspension
You should skip a dose of Glibenclamide , if a meal is skipped and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
Frequently asked questions for Glibamide 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Glibenclamide
Yes. Daonil/ Euglucon are the trade names for the active substance (generic) Glibamide/ glyburide; thus, they all are same
Q. Is glibenclamide same as glipizide?
No. Glibenclamide and glipizide are different medicines; however, they belong to same family of drugs called sulfonylureas
Glibamide should be avoided in elderly patients because they are at high risk of getting low blood sugar (hypoglycemic event)
Glibamide.Daonil/ Euglucon is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Yes Daonil/ Glibamide are known to cause weight gain but not weight loss. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Substitutes for Glibamide Tablet
Glybovin 5mg Tablet
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Glinil 5mg Tablet
Daonil 5mg Tablet
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Euglucon 5mg Tablet
Abbott India Ltd
Gliconil 5mg Tablet
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries