Medicine Overview of Getrol Tablet
Uses of Getrol Tablet
Getrol 5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Getrol Tablet
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use Getrol Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Getrol 5mg Tablet with food.
How Getrol Tablet works
Getrol 5mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
In Depth Information on Getrol Tablet
Expert advice for Getrol Tablet
- Getrol should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Getrol. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Special precautions for Getrol 5mg Tablet
Getrol 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Getrol 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
Monitor the breastfed baby’s blood sugar during treatment with Getrol 5mg Tablet...
Monitor the breastfed baby’s blood sugar during treatment with Getrol 5mg Tablet
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Getrol 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Getrol 5mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Getrol 5mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Getrol 5mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease. They can experience very low blood sugar levels while taking this medicine....
Use of Getrol 5mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease. They can experience very low blood sugar levels while taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Reclide 40 Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Cyblex 60mg XR Tablet, Decamycin 4mg Injection
You should skip a dose of Glibenclamide , if a meal is skipped and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
Frequently asked questions for Getrol 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Glibenclamide
Yes. Daonil/ Euglucon are the trade names for the active substance (generic) Getrol/ glyburide; thus, they all are same
Q. Is glibenclamide same as glipizide?
No. Glibenclamide and glipizide are different medicines; however, they belong to same family of drugs called sulfonylureas
Getrol should be avoided in elderly patients because they are at high risk of getting low blood sugar (hypoglycemic event)
Getrol.Daonil/ Euglucon is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Yes Daonil/ Getrol are known to cause weight gain but not weight loss. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.