food interaction for GAZIN
alcohol interaction for GAZIN
pregnancy interaction for GAZIN
lactation interaction for GAZIN
SALT INFORMATION for GAZIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GAZIN
- RECLIDE -XR 60 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 16.35/tabletRs. 163.50pay 80% more per tablet
- RECLIDE MR 60 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 10.20/tabletRs. 102pay 12% more per tablet
- DIANORM OD 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.25/tabletRs. 92.50pay 2% more per tablet
- GLIX MR 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indi PharmaRs. 7.55/tabletRs. 75.55save 17% more per tablet
- GLYCIGON MR 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.19/tabletRs. 51.88save 43% more per tablet
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GAZIN
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Gliclazide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for GAZIN
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.