Medicine Overview of Gazin Tablet ER
Uses of Gazin Tablet ER
Gazin 60mg Tablet ER is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Gazin Tablet ER
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use Gazin Tablet ER
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Gazin 60mg Tablet ER with food.
How Gazin Tablet ER works
Gazin 60mg tablet er is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
In Depth Information on Gazin Tablet ER
Expert advice for Gazin Tablet ER
- Gazin should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Gazin. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Special precautions for Gazin 60mg Tablet ER
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Gazin 60mg Tablet ER may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Gazin 60mg Tablet ER is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Gazin 60mg Tablet ER does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Gazin 60mg Tablet ER should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Gazin 60mg Tablet ER may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Gazin 60mg Tablet ER is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Gazin 60mg Tablet ER is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Gazin 60mg Tablet ER should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Gazin 60mg Tablet ER may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Gazin 60mg Tablet ER is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Gazin 60mg Tablet ER is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decmax 4mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Decamycin 4mg Injection, Pericort 4mg Tablet
You should skip a dose of Gliclazide , if a meal is skipped and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
Frequently asked questions for Gazin 60mg Tablet ER
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.
Substitutes for Gazin Tablet ER
Mclazide 60mg Tablet MR
Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd
Cyblex 60mg XR Tablet
Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Glix 60mg Tablet MR
Glychek OD 60mg Tablet MR
Indoco Remedies Ltd
Glutide 60mg Capsule CR