food interaction for GABACENT
alcohol interaction for GABACENT
pregnancy interaction for GABACENT
lactation interaction for GABACENT
medicine interaction for GABACENT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GABACENT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR GABACENT
- PENTANERV 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 14.60/tabletRs. 146pay 1% more per tablet
- PROGABA 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 13.20/tabletRs. 132save 9% more per tablet
- ARIGABA 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Arinna Lifescience Pvt LtdRs. 13.64/tabletRs. 136.40save 6% more per tablet
- GABALENT 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 11/tabletRs. 110save 24% more per tablet
- LAREGAB 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La Renon Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 13.20/tabletRs. 132save 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GABACENT
- If you develop thoughts of harming or killing self (suicidal ideation)or behavior.
- If you develop allergic reaction after taking one or more doses of gabapentin (hypersensitivity).
- with symptoms such as rash, fever or swelling of lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy).
- If you have any kidney problem or currently on hemodialysis.
- If you develop muscle pain and/ or weakness.
- If you develop symptoms such as persistent stomach pain, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, contact your doctor immediately as these may be symptoms of inflammation of pancreas (acute pancreatitis).
Frequently asked questions FOR GABACENT
Q. Is gabapentin used as a muscle relaxant or, blood thinner?
No. Gabapentin is a prescription medication and has no role in muscle relaxation or, blood thinning
Q. Is gabapentin an opiate, benzo or NSAID?
Gabapentin is an analog of GABA (gamma- amino butyric acid), that is effective against fits and pain due to nerve damage or nerve irritation. It is not an opiate or benzodiazepine or NSAID
Q. Is gabapentin (dose 600 mg) a narcotic?
No. Gabapentin at any dose is not a narcotic agent. Follow the advice of your doctor regarding the best dose suited for your condition
Q. Is gabapentin used for anxiety?
Anxiety is one of the side effects of this drug. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. What is gabapin-NT?
Gabapin-NT tablet is a brand name that contains gabapentin (400 mg) plus nortriptyline hydrochloride (10 mg). This combination is used for the treatment of pain due to nerve damage or nerve irritation. Follow the advice of your doctor as to gabapentin or Gabapin-NT is to be used, as appropriate for your condition
Q. Is gabapentin and pregabalin the same?
Gabapentin and pregabalin are structurally similar but they acts though different mechanism. Both can be used for the treatment of fits and pain due to nerve damage or nerve irritation. However, follow the advice of your doctor regarding the choice of the drug appropriate for your condition
Q. Is gabapentin safe?
Gabapentin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.