Medicine Overview of Fosphen Injection
Fosphen 150mg Injection is used in the treatment of seizures.
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Itching, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement), Tremor, Decreased blood pressure, Euphoria (feeling of intense excitement and happiness), Uncoordinated body movement, Altered taste, Ringing in ear, Slurred speech.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Fosphen 150mg injection is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Fosphen Injection
- Fosphen should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- Do not stop using Fosphen without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Fosphen, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- It may increase blood sugar levels.Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines to treat diabetes.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Fosphen levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Fosphen 150mg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Fosphen 150mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Fosphen 150mg Injection is safe to use during lactation.
man studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Fosphen 150mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Fosphen 150mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Fosphen 150mg Injection is recommended.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Fosphen 150mg Injection should be used with caution in patie
nts with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Fosphen 150mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Danavir 600mg Tablet, Paliris 6mg Tablet, Capiibine 500mg Tablet, Benipack 8mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Fosphenytoin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Fosphen 150mg Injection
Q. Is fosphenytoin a vesicant?
Yes, fosphenytoin is a vesicant
Q. Why is fosphenytoin better than Dilantin?
Dilantin is a brand name of phenytoin. Fosphenytoin does not have side effects which are commonly associated with the use of phenytoin (when injected intravenously or intramuscularly) such as injection site irritation and sudden changes in the heart rate (arrhythmia), hence fosphenytoin is better than Dilantin.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Fosphen 150mg Injection: MAK, SHP, USF, JIV, DDR, PSP, ADT, SBA, HIP, DYG, OLT, SAT, AAY, NVL, DFP, EQN, OHM, LHA, GPT, PEN, MOM, ATP, BSN, GTC, WSI, MMS, RKS, ATL, DLP, MAX, HGI, SJP, DEL, NWP, RUS, STA, PTS, NDP, IPL, BIO, SSA, HEX, SHM, ZVP, JMJ, PLT, AYU, PNT, EMB, RPP, OWP, LCC, 9T9, SBL, AGT, BTM, RSS, DPP, KHH, FGH, ENP, BDN, GTK, SWA, BLP, GNC, MPC, RJH, OIP, HBV