Substitutes for FOSINACE
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of FOSINACE TABLET
Side effects of FOSINACE TABLET
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment.
How to use FOSINACE TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Fosinace 10mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How FOSINACE TABLET works
Fosinace 10mg tablet relaxes the blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart works more efficiently.
In Depth Information on FOSINACE TABLET
Expert advice for FOSINACE TABLET
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Fosinopril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Fosinopril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Fosinopril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Fosinopril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Fosinopril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Fosinopril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Special precautions for FOSINACE 10MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Fosinace 10mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Fosinace 10mg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TACSANT 0.5MG CAPSULE, HEPLOCK 10IU INJECTION, AVERY 300MG TABLET, LOPARIN 40MG PREFILLED SYRINGE
If you miss a dose of Fosinopril, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for FOSINACE 10MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Fosinopril
Q. Is fosinopril a beta blocker?
No. Fosinopril is an antihypertensive drug belonging to a class of medications called ACE inhibitors. It has a different mechanism of action than beta blockers
Q. Is fosinopril same as lisinopril?
No. Fosinopril and lisinopril are two different drugs belonging to same class of ACE inhibitors used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure
Q. Is fosinopril an ACE inhibitor/fosinopril is what kind of a drug/ what is fosinopril sodium tablets used for/ what is fosinopril/ what is fosinopril natrium?
Fosinopril is an antihypertensive drug that belongs to a class of medications called ACE inhibitors. It is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure
Q. How does fosinopril/ fosinopril sodium work?
It works by inhibiting the action of ACE which results in lowering of high blood pressure and improving blood flow to the heart
Q. Does fosinopril cause hair loss?
Hair loss is not among the known side effects of fosinopril
Q. Does fosinopril get you high?
It does not produce a psychological feeling of extreme happiness or colloquially known as 'feeling high'
Q. Does fosinopril cause weight gain?
Weight gain is a possible side effect of fosinopril, however the frequency of its occurrence is not known.