food interaction for FORTIFIED P.P
alcohol interaction for FORTIFIED P.P
pregnancy interaction for FORTIFIED P.P
lactation interaction for FORTIFIED P.P
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FORTIFIED P.P
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FORTIFIED P.P
- FORTIFIED PROCAINE PENICILLIN INJECTION 100000 IU(1 injection in vial)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.44/injectionRs. 5.44save 10% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for FORTIFIED P.P
- It is given as an injection by doctor or nurse directly into a vein or into a muscle.
- Do not take penicillin G, if you are allergic to penicillin or other beta lactam antibiotic or diabetes.
- Do not start or continue the penicillin G, if you have a kidney, liver or heart problem.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking penicillin G and undergoing any blood or urine test, as it may affect the result.
- Do not start or continue the penicillin G, if you experience an overgrowth of yeast (candida) in the body which can lead to fungal infections or severe diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis).
- Avoid using penicillin G, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FORTIFIED P.P
Q.Is penicillin G gram positive or negative?
Penicillin G cannot be termed as gram positive or negative. It is mainly active against gram positive bacteria
Q.Is penicillin good for flu, cough, tooth infection, acne, bladder infection or urinary tract infection (UTI), earaches, chlamydia?
Penicillin G is not effective against flu, cough, tooth infection, acne, and bladder infection or UTI, but it is used in the treatment of earaches and chlamydia. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Does penicillin give you gas, nightmares, or headache?
Penicillin G may cause headache, but it is not known to cause gas, or nightmares. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.Is penicillin gluten free?
Injectable preparations (e.g. Penicillin G) do not contain gluten. Generally oral preparations of penicillin are gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.