food interaction for FAMTREX
alcohol interaction for FAMTREX
pregnancy interaction for FAMTREX
lactation interaction for FAMTREX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FAMTREX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FAMTREX
- FAMCIMAC 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 65.17/tabletRs. 195.50pay 59% more per tablet
- VIROVIR 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 83.33/tabletRs. 250pay 103% more per tablet
- PENVIR 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 60/tabletRs. 180pay 46% more per tablet
- MICROVIR 500 MG TABLET(3 tablet in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 88.17/tabletRs. 264.50pay 115% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for FAMTREX
- Initiation of famciclovir is recommended as soon as possible after diagnosis.
- Inform you doctor if you have or ever had any liver or kidney problems.
- Avoid intercourse and practice safe sex if you are suffering from genital herpes and on treatment with famciclovir.
- Famciclovir is not recommended in children and adolescents <18 years.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as famciclovir is known to cause dizziness, drowsiness or confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FAMTREX
Q.Is famciclovir safe?
Famciclovir is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is famciclovir an antibiotic?
No, famciclovir is not an antibiotic; it belongs to antiviral group of medicines
Q.Is famciclovir a sulfa drug?
No, famciclovir is not a sulfa dru
Q.Is famciclovir the same as acyclovir/ Valtrex (valacyclovir)?
No, although famciclovir belongs to the same class of medicines as acyclovir or valacyclovir, it is not same. They are different medicinal agents with similar mechanism of action
Q.Is famciclovir better than acyclovir?
Both famciclovir and acyclovir have similar mechanism of action and have a comparable effectiveness and side effects
Q.Can I take famvir (famciclovir) with other medications such as antibiotics?
Always consult your doctor before taking any medications while on famciclovir therapy, due to potential chances of drug interactions
Q.Can I take famciclovir with ibuprofen (advil), paracetamol (Tylenol) or lysine?
There are no known interactions between famciclovir and ibuprofen, paracetamol or lysine. However, consult your doctor before using any other medication while on famciclovir therapy
Q.Can I take famciclovir with valacyclovir?
No, taking famciclovir with valacyclovir may cause an additive antiviral effect, which may lead to some adverse reactions. Always consult your doctor before taking any medications while on famciclovir therapy
Q.Does famciclovir affect birth control?
No, famciclovir has no known effects on birth control
Q.Does famciclovir cause weight gain, constipation or hair loss?
No, famciclovir has no known effects on weight gain, constipation or hair loss
Q.Does famciclovir contain penicillin?
No, famciclovir does not contain penicillin.