Herpes Simplex Virus 2 DNA PCR
(HSV 2 DNA PCR)
You need to provide
This test is for
What is HSV 2 DNA PCR?
The DNA PCR test for Herpes Simplex Virus 2 is performed to screen for and diagnose infection of the Herpes Simplex Virus 2, as well as to differentiate between HSV infection and Varicella zoster infection.
Why is HSV 2 DNA PCR done?
- When symptoms of herpes appear, including genital sores, fever, etc.
- To diagnose herpes if symptoms of encephalitis or meningitis appear, especially if they appear after a suspected exposure to HSV 2 or after other symptoms of herpes
- To screen and diagnose infection of the Herpes Simplex Virus 2
- To distinguish an HSV infection from a Varicella zoster infection
- To distinguish an HSV 1 infection from a HSV 2 infection
Frequently Booked Together