Information about Entecavir
Entecavir is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
How Entecavir works
Entecavir is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of Entecavir
Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Tiredness
Available Medicine for Entecavir
₹769 to ₹24523 variant(s)
EntalivDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹2331 to ₹24592 variant(s)
₹819 to ₹13022 variant(s)
X VirNatco Pharma Ltd
₹2097 to ₹42402 variant(s)
BaracludeBMS India Pvt Ltd
₹745 to ₹62103 variant(s)
HepaloEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
CronivirHetero Drugs Ltd
EntecaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹819 to ₹14702 variant(s)
EncureEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Entecavir
- You have been prescribed Entecavir for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- Take it on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after or before a meal.
- Entecavir may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.