SALT INFORMATIONEtizolam(0.5 mg)
Etizolam is used to treat anxiety, panic disorders (sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry) and sleep disorders.
How it works
Etizolam belongs to a class of medication called benzodiazepines. It works by enhancing the action of a signaling chemical called gamma amino butyric acid (GABA), which helps to calm the brain. This, in turn, induces sleep and causes relaxation of muscles in the body.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Memory loss, Blurred vision, Bradycardia, Coordination impaired, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Headache, Insomnia, Loss of appetite, Respiratory depression, Weakness, Yawning
- ETIZOLA 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.06/tabletRs. 40.60save 10% more per tablet
- ETILAAM 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.80/tabletRs. 38save 16% more per tablet
- SOLOPOSE MD 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 3.99/tabletRs. 39.93save 11% more per tablet
- SYLKAM 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 3.80/tabletRs. 38save 16% more per tablet
- ETIZEP 0.5MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39save 13% more per tablet
Do not take etizolam, if you are allergic to etizolam or benzodiazepines. Do not take etizolam beyond 12 week Repeated use of etizolam may cause rebound increase in anxiety or sleeplessness. Consult your doctor if this happensConsult your doctor before taking etizolam:
- If you have liver, lung or breathing (bronchitis or emphysema) problems.
- If you are >65 years of age.
- If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
- If you have a history of alcohol or drug addiction.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have a history of any personality disorder.
Patients who are on this medication should not drive or use heavy machinery because this medication can cause sleepiness, incoordination and can impair your reflexes. This medication may be addictive and so should be taken only under the supervision of doctor.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How does etizolam work?
Etizolam is used to treat anxiety and sleep disorders in patients. It works by enhancing the action of a signaling chemical called gamma amino butyric acid (GABA), which helps to calm the brain. This, in turn, induces sleep and relaxation of muscles in the body.
Q. Is etizolam safe?
Etizolam is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor.
Q. Should etizolam be taken by pregnant or breast-feeding women?
There are no studies showing safety of etizolam in women who are pregnant or breast-feeding and so it should be taken only under strict instructions from the doctor.
Q. Is etizolam legal in US and UK?
Etizolam is not approved for medical use in US and UK.
Q. Is etizolam a benzo? Does it show up on a drug test?
Etizolam is a benzodiazepine and it does show up on a drug test.
Q. Does etizolam get you high/ lower blood pressure?
Etizolam calm the brain and induces sleep and relaxation of muscles in the body. It may alter mood and perception in some individuals. These effects may be perceived by some as a ‘feeling of high’. Etizolam can lower blood pressure and exaggerate the blood pressure lowering effects of medicines used to treat high blood pressure. If any side effect of the drug is observed then please informs the doctor immediately.