Medicine Overview of ESLIZEN TABLET
Uses of ESLIZEN TABLET
Side effects of ESLIZEN TABLET
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Double vision, Fatigue, Balance disorder (loss of balance), Diarrhoea, Difficulty in paying attention, Coordination impaired, Vertigo, Decreased appetite, Decreased sodium level in blood.
How to use ESLIZEN TABLET
How ESLIZEN TABLET works
In Depth Information on ESLIZEN TABLET
Expert advice for ESLIZEN TABLET
- Eslicarbazepine is not recommended for use in children <18 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver problem, if you are taking any medicine which can cause an abnormality on the ECG called prolonged PR interval, if you suffer from a heart disease such as heart failure or heart attack, or have any heart rhythm disorder, if you suffer from fits that involve both sides of the brain or make you unconscious.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue, and/or if you suffer from confusion, worsening of seizures or decreased consciousness, or have suicidal thoughts.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while on treatment with eslicarbazepine, as it may make you feel dizzy and/or drowsy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to eslicarbazepine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from heart block (second or third degree atrioventricular block).
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.