Information about Eslicarbazepine
Eslicarbazepine is used in the treatment of epilepsy.
How eslicarbazepine works
Eslicarbazepine controls seizures or fits by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of eslicarbazepine
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Double vision, Fatigue, Balance disorder (loss of balance), Diarrhoea, Difficulty in paying attention, Coordination impaired, Vertigo, Decreased appetite, Decreased sodium level in blood.
Available Medicine for Eslicarbazepine
- ₹175 to ₹270Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹166 to ₹261Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eslicarbazepine
- Eslicarbazepine is not recommended for use in children <18 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver problem, if you are taking any medicine which can cause an abnormality on the ECG called prolonged PR interval, if you suffer from a heart disease such as heart failure or heart attack, or have any heart rhythm disorder, if you suffer from fits that involve both sides of the brain or make you unconscious.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue, and/or if you suffer from confusion, worsening of seizures or decreased consciousness, or have suicidal thoughts.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while on treatment with eslicarbazepine, as it may make you feel dizzy and/or drowsy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to eslicarbazepine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from heart block (second or third degree atrioventricular block).