Information about Eslicarbazepine
Eslicarbazepine is used in the treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures.
How Eslicarbazepine works
Eslicarbazepine is an anti epileptic medication. It works by blocking the voltage gated sodium channels that stabilizes the hyperexcited nerve cells in the brain. In this way, it treats seizures or fits.
Common side effects of Eslicarbazepine
Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Double vision, Fatigue, Balance disorder (loss of balance), Diarrhea, Difficulty in paying attention, Impaired coordination, Vertigo, Decreased appetite, Decreased sodium level in blood, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Eslicarbazepine
ZefretolSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹214 to ₹3242 variant(s)
EslizenIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹197 to ₹3103 variant(s)
₹140 to ₹2212 variant(s)
EslicarEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹370 to ₹6502 variant(s)
EslifyTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹87 to ₹2304 variant(s)
₹140 to ₹2203 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eslicarbazepine
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- It may cause a reduction in blood sodium level (hyponatremia). Your doctor may monitor your blood sodium level regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you notice skin reaction such as rash, skin peeling, and itching while using this medicine.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.