Information about Imatinib mesylate
Imatinib mesylate Uses
How Imatinib mesylate works
Imatinib mesylate is an anti-cancer medication. A protein enzyme, bcr-abl tyrosine kinase, responsible for the growth of abnormal proliferation of cancer cells. This medicine inhibits the proliferation and induces apoptosis (planned cell death) in bcr-abl positive cells (cancer cells). This is how it works to stop or slow the spread of cancer.
Common side effects of Imatinib mesylate
Edema (swelling), Fatigue, Rash, Fever, Hair loss, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Joint pain, Muscle pain, Weight gain, Night sweats, Itching, Gastrointestinal toxicity, Blood cell abnormalities, Liver toxicity, Renal toxicity, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages), Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Imatinib mesylate
VeenatNatco Pharma Ltd
₹708 to ₹20272 variant(s)
ImatBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹554 to ₹18932 variant(s)
₹441 to ₹15352 variant(s)
ImanibIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹752 to ₹25812 variant(s)
IbatkinZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹904 to ₹32612 variant(s)
CelonibCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹828 to ₹26502 variant(s)
ImalekSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹965 to ₹19503 variant(s)
AltanibAlkem Laboratories Ltd
MitinabGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1450 to ₹75602 variant(s)
ChemotinibNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹279 to ₹10002 variant(s)
Expert advice for Imatinib mesylate
- Always take it with food and a full glass of water to prevent nausea.
- It may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Water retention and swelling are very common side effects of Imatinib mesylate. Notify your doctor if you have unexpected rapid weight gain.
- Do not change the dose or discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- Notify your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medicines and dietary supplements.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function and the number of blood cells in your blood.