Information about Imatinib mesylate
Imatinib mesylate uses
Imatinib mesylate is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
How imatinib mesylate works
Imatinib mesylate is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of imatinib mesylate
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Edema (swelling), Abdominal pain, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Muscle cramp
Available Medicine for Imatinib mesylate
- ₹855 to ₹2027Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹943 to ₹4028Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹752 to ₹2337Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹455 to ₹1715Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹752 to ₹1438Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹828 to ₹2650Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹904 to ₹3262Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹915 to ₹2500Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹926 to ₹2004Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹965 to ₹1951Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Imatinib mesylate
- Always take Imatinib mesylate with food and a full glass of water.
- Do not change the dose or discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- Imatinib mesylate may cause dizziness or blurred vision. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Water retention and swelling are very common side effects of Imatinib mesylate. Notify your doctor if you have unexpected rapid weight gain.
- Notify your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medicines and dietary supplements.