Information about Imatinib mesylate
Imatinib mesylate uses
Imatinib mesylate is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
How imatinib mesylate works
Imatinib mesylate is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of imatinib mesylate
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Edema, Abdominal pain, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Muscle cramp
Available Medicine for Imatinib mesylate
- ₹849 to ₹2027Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹4028Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹752 to ₹2239Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹460 to ₹1644Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹752 to ₹2337Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹900 to ₹2650Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹904 to ₹3262Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹915 to ₹2500Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹926 to ₹2004Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹965 to ₹1813Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Imatinib mesylate
- Always take Imatinib mesylate with food and a full glass of water.
- Do not change the dose or discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- Imatinib mesylate may cause dizziness or blurred vision. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Water retention and swelling are very common side effects of Imatinib mesylate. Notify your doctor if you have unexpected rapid weight gain.
- Notify your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medicines and dietary supplements.