Medicine Overview of Erlotirel Tablet
Side effects of Erlotirel Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Breathing difficulty, Abdominal pain, Edema, Weight loss, Loss of appetite, Anemia, Infection, Bone pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fever, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Rash.
How to use Erlotirel Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Erlotirel 150mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Erlotirel Tablet works
In patients with cancer, a change in DNA (genetic material) triggers a signal which produces abnormal cancer cells. Erlotirel 150mg tablet blocks this signal, and thus stops the production of these cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Erlotirel Tablet
Expert advice for Erlotirel Tablet
- Erlotinib tablets should be taken either 1 hour before or 2 hours after ingestion of food.
- Erlotinib is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Stop smoking and use effective contraceptive measures while on erlotinib treatment.
- Do not start erlotinib if you use contact lenses, have had eye problems (ulcers in front part of eye, dry eyes, inflammation in front part of eye), liver or kidney problems, Gilbert’s syndrome (liver disorder that causes increased bilirubin), intolerance to some sugars, are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from breathing difficulty associated with fever or cough, severe diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, severe blistering or peeling of skin, severe pain in abdomen, acute or increasing pain and redness in eye, blurred vision or sensitivity to light, increased eye watering.
Special precautions for Erlotirel 150mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Erlotirel 150mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Erlotirel 150mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Erlotirel 150mg Tablet alters the ab+more
ility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Erlotirel 150mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution to be advised in patients with severe impaired renal function....
Caution to be advised in patients with severe impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Erlotinib, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Erlotirel 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Erlotinib
Yes, Erlotirel is approved by FDA
A single dose of Erlotirel works for around 36 hours.
Erlotirel is not a cytotoxic, chemotherapy drug, or monoclonal antibody. Erlotirel is a biologic tyrosine kinase inhibitor
Yes, Erlotirel can cause neutropenia
Substitutes for Erlotirel Tablet
Zyceva 150mg Tablet
Erlonat 150mg Tablet
Natco Pharma Ltd
Erlotec 150mg Tablet
United Biotech Pvt Ltd
Tyrokinin 150mg Tablet
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Erleva 150mg Tablet
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd