Information about Erlotinib
How erlotinib works
In patients with cancer, a change in DNA (genetic material) triggers a signal which produces abnormal cancer cells. Erlotinib blocks this signal, and thus stops the production of these cancer cells.
Common side effects of erlotinib
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Breathing difficulty, Abdominal pain, Edema, Weight loss, Loss of appetite, Anemia, Infection, Bone pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fever, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Rash
Available Medicine for Erlotinib
- ₹9514 to ₹11900Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9281 to ₹11157Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹18767 to ₹30570Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5314 to ₹18990Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11000Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11159RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7714 to ₹10395Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25500Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9003Reliance Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹6500 to ₹8500United Biotech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Erlotinib
- Erlotinib tablets should be taken either 1 hour before or 2 hours after ingestion of food.
- Erlotinib is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Stop smoking and use effective contraceptive measures while on erlotinib treatment.
- Do not start erlotinib if you use contact lenses, have had eye problems (ulcers in front part of eye, dry eyes, inflammation in front part of eye), liver or kidney problems, Gilbert’s syndrome (liver disorder that causes increased bilirubin), intolerance to some sugars, are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from breathing difficulty associated with fever or cough, severe diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, severe blistering or peeling of skin, severe pain in abdomen, acute or increasing pain and redness in eye, blurred vision or sensitivity to light, increased eye watering.
Frequently asked questions for Erlotinib
Q. Is Erlotinib FDA approved?
Yes, Erlotinib is approved by FDA
Q. How long does Erlotinib work?
A single dose of Erlotinib works for around 36 hours.
Q. Is Erlotinib cytotoxic, chemotherapeutic drug, biologic or monoclonal antibody?
Erlotinib is not a cytotoxic, chemotherapy drug, or monoclonal antibody. Erlotinib is a biologic tyrosine kinase inhibitor
Q. Does Erlotinib cause neutropenia?
Yes, Erlotinib can cause neutropenia