Information about Pantoprazole
Pantoprazole is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease.
How pantoprazole works
Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of pantoprazole
Nausea, Headache, Flatulence, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Pantoprazole
- ₹45 to ₹138Alkem Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹138Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹120Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹158Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹178Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹92Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹43Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹48Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹46Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹44Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pantoprazole
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Pantoprazole
Q. What is Pantoprazole used for?
Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). PPIs are used for the treatment of conditions like heartburn, acid regurgitation, and stomach ulcers.
Q. Is Pantoprazole safe?
Yes, Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration advised by your doctor.
Q. Does Pantoprazole cause hair loss?
No, hair loss has not been reported with the use of Pantoprazole. If you experience excessive hair loss while taking Pantoprazole, please consult your doctor.
Q. Does Pantoprazole cause constipation?
Yes, both diarrhea and constipation have been reported as common side effects of Pantoprazole in children and in adults. Consult your doctor if you experience intolerable side effects while taking Pantoprazole.
Q. Does Pantoprazole cause gas?
Flatulence (gas), abdominal distension, and bloating (fullness) can occur as a result of Pantoprazole use. Consult your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.