Information about Vinorelbine
How vinorelbine works
Vinorelbine blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
Common side effects of vinorelbine
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Fatigue, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Fever, Anemia, Bleeding, Constipation
Available Medicine for Vinorelbine
- ₹3450 to ₹16895Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹3012 to ₹12807Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1161 to ₹4353Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10684Miracalus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2700 to ₹11700Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vinorelbine
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression); liver problems or have had radiotherapy around the liver.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with people who receive them.
- Use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 3 months after it to avoid pregnancy.
- Men should not father a child while on this therapy and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mucosa as vinorelbine may cause irritation. Thoroughly wash the skin area, in case of skin contact with the medicine.
- Take vinorelbine preferably with a light meal to reduce nausea. Soft capsule gels of vinorelbine should not be taken with hot fluids, as the medicine may quickly dissolve.
- Vinorelbine is not recommended in children below 18 years.
Frequently asked questions for Vinorelbine
Q. Is Vinorelbine a vesicant?
Yes, Vinorelbine is a vesicant
Q. Is Vinorelbine effective?
Vinorelbine is effective for the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor for your condition
Q. How is Vinorelbine administered?
Vinorelbine is administered as an intravenous infusion
Q. Does Vinorelbine cause hair loss?
Vinorelbine has hair loss as a side effect. Please inform your doctor about any side effects that you may observe while on therapy.