Medicine Overview of Erlostar Tablet
Side effects of Erlostar Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Breathing difficulty, Abdominal pain, Edema, Weight loss, Loss of appetite, Anemia, Infection, Bone pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fever, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Rash.
How to use Erlostar Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Erlostar Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Erlostar Tablet works
Erlostar Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Erlostar Tablet
Expert advice for Erlostar Tablet
- Erlotinib tablets should be taken either 1 hour before or 2 hours after ingestion of food.
- Erlotinib is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Stop smoking and use effective contraceptive measures while on erlotinib treatment.
- Do not start erlotinib if you use contact lenses, have had eye problems (ulcers in front part of eye, dry eyes, inflammation in front part of eye), liver or kidney problems, Gilbert’s syndrome (liver disorder that causes increased bilirubin), intolerance to some sugars, are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from breathing difficulty associated with fever or cough, severe diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, severe blistering or peeling of skin, severe pain in abdomen, acute or increasing pain and redness in eye, blurred vision or sensitivity to light, increased eye watering.
Erlostar Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Erlostar Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Erlostar Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Erlostar Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Erlostar Tablet alters the ability t+more
o drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Erlostar Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Erlostar Tablet is recommended.+more
Use of this medicine is not advised in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of this medicine is not advised in patients with severe kidney disease.
Erlostar Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Erlostar Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Erlostar Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Erlostar Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Erlotinib, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Erlostar Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Erlotinib
Yes, Erlostar is approved by FDA
A single dose of Erlostar works for around 36 hours.
Erlostar is not a cytotoxic, chemotherapy drug, or monoclonal antibody. Erlostar is a biologic tyrosine kinase inhibitor
Yes, Erlostar can cause neutropenia
Substitutes for Erlostar
No substitutes found for this medicine