Information about Esomeprazole
Esomeprazole is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease.
How Esomeprazole works
Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Esomeprazole
Headache, Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Flatulence, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Esomeprazole
NexproTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹20 to ₹1566 variant(s)
SomprazSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹69 to ₹1276 variant(s)
EsozGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹101 to ₹1673 variant(s)
₹80 to ₹1173 variant(s)
RaciperSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹82 to ₹1274 variant(s)
₹14 to ₹1515 variant(s)
IzraTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹44 to ₹1415 variant(s)
EsofagMicro Labs Ltd
EsokemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹57 to ₹1333 variant(s)
EsogressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Esomeprazole
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Some healthy tips to prevent acidity from happening:
- Avoid excessive intake of carbonated beverages/soft drinks, citrus juices, fried food, caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid eating late at night or before bedtime.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Long-term use of Esomeprazole can cause weak bones and a deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor right away if you develop decreased urination, edema (swelling due to fluid retention), lower back pain, nausea, fatigue, and rash or fever. These could be signs of a kidney problem.