food interaction for EPTIFAB
alcohol interaction for EPTIFAB
pregnancy interaction for EPTIFAB
lactation interaction for EPTIFAB
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPTIFAB
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPTIFAB
- FLETA 75MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 85/ML of infusionRs. 8500save 12% more per ML of infusion
- EPTIGRILIN 75MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 88.44/ML of infusionRs. 8843.76save 8% more per ML of infusion
- EPTIBIND 75MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 85/ML of infusionRs. 8500save 12% more per ML of infusion
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for EPTIFAB
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Frequently asked questions for EPTIFAB
Q.Is eptifibatide a thrombolytic agent/ what is eptifibatide infusion/ how does eptifibatide work?
Eptifibatide is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.