Medicine Overview of Eptifab Infusion
Uses of Eptifab Infusion
Eptifab 75mg Infusion is used in the treatment of unstable angina.
Side effects of Eptifab Infusion
Bleeding, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use Eptifab Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Eptifab Infusion works
Eptifab 75mg infusion prevents platelets from sticking together, which in turn lowers the formation of blood clots.
In Depth Information on Eptifab Infusion
Expert advice for Eptifab Infusion
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Special precautions for Eptifab 75mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Eptifab 75mg Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Eptifab 75mg Infusion should be used with caution during lac+more
tation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Eptifab 75mg Infusion alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Eptifab 75mg Infusion is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment....
Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Eptifibatide, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Eptifab 75mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Eptifibatide
Eptifab is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.