Information about Eptifibatide
Eptifibatide is used in the treatment of unstable angina.
How eptifibatide works
Eptifibatide prevents platelets from sticking together, which in turn lowers the formation of blood clots.
Common side effects of eptifibatide
Bleeding, Decreased blood pressure.
Available Medicine for Eptifibatide
- ₹9618Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2500Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2398 to ₹7950Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2975 to ₹8372Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10296Merck Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2380 to ₹8500Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2471 to ₹8149Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2657 to ₹8844Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹3000 to ₹10862Fulford India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eptifibatide
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Frequently asked questions for Eptifibatide
Q. Is eptifibatide a thrombolytic agent/ what is eptifibatide infusion/ how does eptifibatide work?
Eptifibatide is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.