Medicine Overview of Eptide Injection
Uses of Eptide Injection
Eptide 20mg Injection is used in the treatment of unstable angina.
Side effects of Eptide Injection
Bleeding, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use Eptide Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Eptide Injection works
Eptide 20mg injection is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots.
In Depth Information on Eptide Injection
Expert advice for Eptide Injection
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Special precautions for Eptide 20mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Eptide 20mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Eptide 20mg Injection should be used with caution during lac+more
tation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Not relevant, as Eptide 20mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Eptide 20mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Eptide 20mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Eptide 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Eptide 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Eptide 20mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Eptide 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Eptide 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Eptifibatide, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Eptide 20mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Eptifibatide
Eptide is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.