Medicine Overview of Enfiera Injection
Side Effects of Enfiera are Headache, Weakness, Edema (swelling), Infection, Hair loss, Itching, Chills, Febrile neutropenia, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Infusion reaction.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Enfiera 500 mg Injection is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to receptors on cancer cells. Thus it flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Enfiera Injection
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any severe skin and mouth reactions: painful sores or ulcers on the skin, lips, or mouth; blisters; rash; or peeling skin.
- Use rituximab with extreme caution in children and elderly.
- Rituximab may cause a serious viral infection of the brain or progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy that can lead to disability or death. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any change in your mental state, decreased vision, or problems with speech or walking.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: hepatitis infection (rituximab could be fatal in such cases), any other infection such as (herpes, shingles, cytomegalovirus, etc.), systemic lupus erythematosus, heart problems (such as angina, palpitations or heart failure), lung disease or breathing problems, taken medicines which affect your immune system (such as chemotherapy or immune-suppressive medicines) or used certain arthritis medicines.
- You may be asked to stop taking medicines for high blood pressure 12 hours before you receive rituximab as it may cause a fall in the blood pressure.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury as rituximab may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood.
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment with rituximab to monitor your condition or check for side effects.
- Do not receive live vaccine (such as measles, mumps, rubella and others) while using rituximab, and avoid contact with anyone who has recently received a live vaccine as there are chances that the virus could be passed on to you.
- Use effective method of contraception while using and after 12 months after your last treatment with rituximab.
Enfiera Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Enfiera 500 mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Enfiera 500 mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Enfiera 500 mg Injection alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Enfiera 500 mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Enfiera 500 mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Enfiera 500 mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Enfiera 500 mg Injection is not recommended in patients with the active liver disease or those who had viral hepatitis as it can reactivate the infection.
If you miss a dose of Enfiera 500 mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Enfiera Injection
Enfiera works in most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration
Q. Is Enfiera FDA approved?
Enfiera is a FDA approved drug.
Q. Is Enfiera considered chemotherapy/ a vesicant/ immunotherapy/ a biologic/ cytotoxic/ dialyzable/ cause cancer?
Enfiera is a biological immunotherapy which is used along with chemotherapy to treat certain cancers. It has not shown to have any vesicant or irritant properties. It can be classified as a cytotoxic since it destroys B cells
Q. Is Enfiera safe/ carcinogenic to humans/ cause low blood counts/ cause hair loss/ cause weight gain/ make you tired/ affect fertility/ cause neutropenia/cause fatigue?
Enfiera is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. As with most anti-cancer drugs, it may have certain side effects such as it can cause low blood counts, hair loss, weight gain or loss, cause fatigue and feeling of tiredness, affect fertility, cause neutropenia. Always consult your doctor before taking this medication
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Enfiera 500mg Injection: WAD, HMP, PHC, RSS, KIS, PRC, TFP, SPD, ZPR, DFP, TAT, GTK, IAD, HPC, HTS, HNP, SRG, ATP, EAN, HAT, BHS, DYG, VRS, ASP, AYN, BNT, HSM, MPC, HGI, 4IT, SNH, BMJ, WHL, VDH, MAX, HSP, BLE, SYN, HWI, CRN, RPP, LCC, GMA, ZEL, GHR, SGC, TSS, GPP, JVO, DVH, AWS, DLP, SGH, RPI, HIP, SHC, NXG, INC, DYL, SCH, PHN, MBP, RGH, JSL, EQN, DPL, AYM, OHM, SHD, PRN, DGN, ARD, BIO, TRP, CMC, IMC, UHP, WSI, AFT, EMB, JBT, PRL, JVN, LMS, DRA, YMI, OIP, GLM, SWT, NDP, PTP, NVL, MDO, 9MM, MDH, WPL, OLT, RHW, BDI, PLT, GPT, SVH, ANT, VSL, AYU, KHC, BSN, NTB, SWA, MAP, UMP, RUS, RDH, AVS, KHH, BBS, BBN, DHR, QLF, CLT, NVY, KMC, DPP, DHP, DZY, PWN, AAY, JJE, 1MH, ABP, BAP, SWP, HPP, SSI, KHD, AGT, LHP, NNP, CHP, GNC, KNH, JIV, ENP, NAS, VOP, MAK, AAR, AXM, SDM, AVB, RHL, HZF, RKS, LHA, OBS, HEX, SDE, XMX, HLT, AMR, RDR, EPS, RWP, BDN, STS, PPR, FGH, BHM, RSA, GTC, HBV, SLN, SVS, PRT, VSC, MAM, PVP, NSL, ESY, FRM, PTI, VNS, KLC, APS, SMS, QTM, BJP, ZVP, SBA, NEO, SCP, NTL, EVP, TOM, GDA, CPK, AVL, ALC, THP, BGS, BHP, MKT, HCP, MLC, BRC, ANP, STA, SMN, AMH, SJP, SNG, UVD, MSD, PNT, OWP, DAO, SSA, GLD, ATL, USF, EEC, MKS, VHP, IPL, BLS, VTR, BNA, BAL, SAF, PMA, BLP, SBL, GBL, BTM, SSS, VJS, JHC, GEO, BHA