food interaction for DOTZIDE tablet
alcohol interaction for DOTZIDE tablet
pregnancy interaction for DOTZIDE tablet
lactation interaction for DOTZIDE tablet
medicine interaction for DOTZIDE tablet
It is better to take Dotzide 40mg tablet with food.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Dotzide 40mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DOTZIDE 40mg tablet
Dotzide tablet uses
Dotzide 40mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
How dotzide tablet works
Dotzide 40mg tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
Common side effects of dotzide tablet
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
SUBSTITUTES FOR DOTZIDE tablet
- GLIZID 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 3.75/tabletRs. 37.50pay 21% more per tablet
- RECLIDE 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 4.20/tabletRs. 42pay 35% more per tablet
- GLYCHEK 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 3.58/tabletRs. 35.85pay 15% more per tablet
- GLIX 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indi PharmaRs. 2.70/tabletRs. 26.97save 13% more per tablet
- SEMI GLYCIGON 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.25/tabletRs. 32.50pay 5% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR DOTZIDE tablet
- The most common and serious side effect is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). If you consume excessive alcohol or if you have irregular dietary patterns, you are at an increased risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). Do not skip meals when taking this medicine.
- Please be aware of signs and symptoms of low blood sugar (dizziness, tremor, sweating, headache).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It should be avoided or use with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions FOR DOTZIDE 40mg tablet
Q. Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.