SALT INFORMATIONParacetamol(650 mg)
Paracetamol is used for the relief of mild to moderate pain in conditions such as headache (including migraine), toothache, ear pain, joint pain, pain during menstruation, fever, feverish colds, and flu.
How it works
Paracetamol belongs to class of medications called analgesics (painkiller) and antipyretics (fever reducing). Paracetamol reduces pain by increasing the pain threshold. It reduces fever by acting on the temperature-regulating region of brain, resulting in increased blood flow across the skin, sweating and heat loss.
Common side effects
Abnormal blood cell counts, Runny nose, Nausea, Skin reddening, Allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, Swollen facial features, Liver damage, Abnormalities of blood cells, Blisters
- CALPOL 650 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.80/tabletRs. 26.93save 20% more per tablet
- P 650MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2.19/tabletRs. 21.90save 2% more per tablet
- FEPANIL 650MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 2.10/tabletRs. 20.98save 6% more per tablet
- XYKAA RAPID 650MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.80/tabletRs. 17.96save 19% more per tablet
- PYRIGESIC-650 TABLET(10 tablet in strip)East India Pharmaceutical Works LtdRs. 1.86/tabletRs. 18.64save 16% more per tablet
- Do not take if you are taking any other products that contain paracetamol, or are allergic to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take paracetamol if you drink three or more alcoholic beverages every day.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have any skin reaction such as skin reddening, blisters, or rash.
- Do not take paracetamol without consulting your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever.
Q. Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness.
Q. Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain.
It is not an antibiotic.
It is not an antibiotic.
Q. Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug.
Q. Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug.
Q. Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol.
Q. Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.