Information about Paracetamol
How Paracetamol works
Paracetamol is an analgesic (pain reliever) and anti-pyretic (fever reducer). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and fever.
Common side effects of Paracetamol
No common side effects seen
Available Medicine for Paracetamol
CalpolGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹2 to ₹399 variant(s)
DoloMicro Labs Ltd
₹14 to ₹2688 variant(s)
Sumo LAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹10 to ₹2099 variant(s)
KabimolFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
₹179 to ₹3392 variant(s)
FepanilVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹14 to ₹4027 variant(s)
CrocinGlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
₹14 to ₹599 variant(s)
PyrigesicEast India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
₹9 to ₹2738 variant(s)
₹9 to ₹3895 variant(s)
FebrinilManeesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹9 to ₹647 variant(s)
PacimolIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹9 to ₹2219 variant(s)
Expert advice for Paracetamol
- Paracetamol should be taken with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within 2 hours of taking Paracetamol.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease as your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.