Medicine Overview of Dinosin Capsule
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Dinosin 400mg Capsule is to be taken empty stomach.
Dinosin 400mg Capsule prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Dinosin Capsule
- Take precautions while taking didanosine as it may cause conditions such as peripheral neuropathy (numbness, tingling and pain in arms and legs), changes in eye, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), changes in body fat distribution, osteonecrosis (death of bone tissue) and reoccurrence of symptoms from previous infections (Immune Reactivation Syndrome) or opportunistic infections (infections due to weakened immune system).
- Seek for immediate medical attention if you develop a condition called as lactic acidosis (increased levels of lactic acid in blood), which can turn fatal if not treated; or if you observe any symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from or have a history of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), kidney or liver diseases (hepatitis B or C infections)
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant. Didanosine if consumed in combination with stavudine during pregnancy may increase the chance of lactic acidosis.
- Patients who are taking didanosine along with ganciclovir, valganciclovir are more prone to side effects and hence require close supervision.
Dinosin Capsule related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Dinosin 400mg Capsule is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Dinosin 400mg Capsule is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Dinosin 400mg Capsule does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Dinosin 400mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Dinosin 400mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Dinosin 400mg Capsule is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Dinosin 400mg Capsule is recommended.
If you miss a dose of Didanosine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Dinosin Capsule
Dinosin is an anti-viral drug which is used in treatment of infections caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
Dinosin is an antiretroviral drug, which belongs to a group of medicine called as nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). It works by stopping the virus from multiplying in the body.
Dinosin interacts with these medicines
Taking Dinosin with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Nicergoline: Nicerbium
Medicines with composition Netilmicin: Netmicin
Medicines with composition Primidone: Mysoline
Medicines with composition Tramadol: Tramazac, Contramal, Painadol, Supridol, Domadol, Tramacip, Tranzex, Nobligan, Trd, Zyrotram, Tramadin, Tramatas, Trd Contin, Dolotram, Trambax, Prd
Medicines with composition Kanamycin: Kanamac
Medicines with composition Alprazolam: Alproz, Trika, Anxinil, Tranquil, Zolax, Zolam, Alora, Eldezolam, Procalm, Alpraquil, Zallpam, Alzolam, Anxit, Alpaz, Alprax, Alprocontin, Zoldac, Ozolam, Restyl, Tranax
Medicines with composition Pentazocine: Fortwin
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dinosin 400mg Capsule: IPL, SAF, STA, NSL, TOM, PVP, ABP, SYN, DGN, SJP, GNC, BTM, MSD, RUS, SBA, SHP, HAT, UMP, EMB, PRN, BDN, PPR, SWA, ENP, BSN, RSA, RJH, DHR, MAM, OIP, MPC, RPP, TRP, MMS, SWP, SCH, ZEL, DDR, GPP, THP, AMR, RSS, OLT, GBL, AAY, BAL, SHD, NVL, DLP, WSI, PEN, BHP, HGI, HBV, SRG, 9T9, PWN, ARD, JMJ, NWP, MAX, CLT, SSA, MAK, MLC, PNT, DFP, AGT, ADT, RHL, RHW, RWP, DYG, GTC, MDO, EQN, DPL, ATP, SVH, MOM, NTB, OHM, HMP, NXG, PTI, NDP, NNH, PLT, AYU, TNH, GPT, AAR, WHL, JIV, ZVP, SGC, IAD, BIO, SDM, VRS, HPC, BBS, OWP, ANT, KHH, RKS, DPP, HIP, INC, HEX, ATL, AVN, NVY, SBL, JVO, FGH, BMJ, USF, LCC, SAT, GTK, LHA, JVN