Information about Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate Uses
How Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate works
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
Diarrhea, Nausea, Rash, Weakness, Pain, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
ReviroDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
RicovirMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
TeravirNatco Pharma Ltd
TavinEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TenocruzTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TenofHetero Drugs Ltd
Expert advice for Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- You have been prescribed Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.