Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
Information about Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate uses
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate is used in the treatment of HIV infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
How tenofovir disoproxil fumarate works
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
Diarrhea, Nausea, Rash, Weakness, Pain, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- ₹1551Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹510Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹1725Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1100Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1310Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1154Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹479Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1406Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1462Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2500Abbott1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- You have been prescribed Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.